Prescription will be sent via healthmail to your designated pharmacy. In accordance with GDPR, prescriptions cannot be faxed to pharmacists. Please do not request same.
Should you require a prescription, you must:*
1) Ensure your child has been seen for review consultation within 6 months of the request
2) Confirm that your child’s BP, pulse, height & weight have been checked within 6 months and that are all within the expected range.
3) Give a minimum of one working weeks’ notice (clinic working week Mon-Wed)
4) Provide your child’s name, address and DOB
5) Provide exact details of medication request (list all medications and doses)
6) Provide the pharmacy name and healthmail address
7) Indicate the date the prescription is required
The fee for standard prescriptions is €25. Prescriptions cannot be issued without payment.
Please do not expect a response when the clinic is closed (Thurs/Fri/weekends/ annual leave).
*Prescription requests that do not incorporate points 1-7 above will result in delays.
Urgent prescription requests cannot be catered for (please do not request same).
When re-ordering prescriptions, please check with your pharmacist when your prescription will run out and contact well in advance, being mindful of the days the clinic is open and annual leave arrangements.
ADHD medication (controlled medication): If your child is on an ongoing medication dose, the maximum amount allowed on one prescription is 3 instalments (equivalent to 3 months). Due to the rules governing the issuing of controlled medication prescriptions, to ensure all three instalments of medication are supplied by the pharmacy, you must hand in the prescription to the pharmacy on the date indicated on the prescription. Instalment 2 and 3 must be collected on Day 30 and Day 60 of the date of the prescription respectively. Discuss this with your pharmacist to ensure clarity. Note the dates and plan your prescription request in good time accordingly.